For featured products check out The Trane Store!
As one of the top cooling and heating experts in the Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Garden City, Surfside, Pawley's Island, and surrounding areas, Carolina Temperature Control offers professional HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance. If your system stops running correctly, you may want to run through some simple troubleshooting steps before calling for service.
We provide 24-hour, 7-days a week emergency service, so in-person help is just a phone call away. However, here is a list you can go through for some common problems that are especially simple to fix.
Problem: Furnace Isn't Warming the Home
Make sure the air filter is clean. Have you recently changed or cleaned it?
Problem: Furnace Doesn't Blow Hot Air
• Check your thermostat setting.
• Be sure power to your breaker is on. There may be a blown fuse.
• Have a gas furnace? Is the valve open? Is the pilot light lit?
Problem: Gas Furnace Keeps Turning On and Off
• Clean or replace the air filter.
• Apply oil to the blower’s lubrications port, most commonly at the ends of the shaft.
• Check the belt. It may need tightening or replacement, if it’s torn.
Problem: Furnace Blower is Continually Running
• Check thermostat. Is it set for the fan to blow?
• Check the control switch. Does it need to be reset?
Problem: Furnace is Noisy
• Your burners might need cleaning.
• Your blower belt could have slipped.
• Your motor or shaft bearings could need oiling.
If you’ve run through this troubleshooting list and still can’t get your system running – or if you’d rather just have help from the start, contact Carolina Temperature Control. Our team of heating specialists will gladly assist you and fix whatever is causing the problem.
For service in the Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Garden City, Surfside, Pawley's Island, and surrounding areas, call (843) 651-6000 now and we will get your furnace running effectively once again quickly.
Need Emergency Repairs?